Sunday, May 1, 2011

So give up on me yet?



Given up looking for anything new? I wouldn't blame you if you have, cause I would except I have to come here to check out your blogs.



What are my excuses?


  • Work has kept me so busy that the thought of sitting at a computer after work is just not happening.

  • The camera I've been using refused to take pictures. It kept turning off 2 seconds after I would turn it on. Why it's working now ... beats me!

  • I'm boring?

  • I spend so much time reading books & completing projects that..... wait I think I've used this one before.

hmmm anyway here's a knitting project that took me a month but was so worth it.

It's a fun little cardigan sweater with POCKETS!!! Aren't they so cute! I took a class to de-stress from work and so loved it. Call me what ever you want but honestly sitting around chatting with a bunch of knitters after a long day of analytical thinking was sooooo great!


Also one Saturday morning at 3a.m. I figured since I couldn't sleep I would sew up a fun little project. Hey's there another reason - my sleep patterns have been so wonky that I've been unable to blog.


Here's the project. It's a simple drawstring bag that I made to carry my lunch to work everyday. It's kind of cutesy but does the job real good and beats the plastic grocery bag hands down. Also it makes me smile to look at it. The drawstrings are shoelaces! I'm so pleased with my inventiveness.

So there you have it. And for all those who had begun to wonder, yes I was swallowed by a black hole of workaholicsim but thankfully between the yarn & the fabric am slowly pulling myself out. Here's hoping it doesn't take me another 2-3 months to post anything. ... of course that dumb camera died after my second picture ... grrrr
















3 comments:

Amy Marble said...

Yeah for an update!! Love how the sweater turned out - it's adorable! Glad you were able to find something fun to "de-stress" with after work.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

It took me forever to get out here to check your blog . . . but I'm finally here!!! =) I know life is busy. I miss you. And can't wait to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Great sweater