Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Camping

I went camping with my mom and brother and his family last week. It was so awesome. I love it. Sorry there's no pictures cause ... I didn't think to bring a camera. We put up one section of a huge o'army tent. (20ft X 8 ft) The kids were so much help with that monster. We only stayed for one night. Of course it was cold, but that was expected. I kept pretty warm, just couldn't sleep cause the egg carton padding was worthless. Boy was the ground hard! At breakfast, I couldn't help wondering why eggs, hashbrowns & sausage cooked on a griddle, eaten with dirt encrusted fingernails in freezing fall weather was SO STINKING GOOD! Must be the magic of camping in the great out doors.

2 comments:

Amy Marble said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. I'm in total agreement - food prepared while camping always tastes SO YUMMY!! Glad you guys had such a good time!

Katy said...

Hurray for camping! It sounds just lovely! Sometimes it good not to bring a camera because you don't worry about "capturing" the moment and just enjoy it instead.