Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thoughts from some people I've come to Admire

Last night I was looking through some boxes and came across a notebook where I had written some quotes I really liked. When I'm reading I like to take note of passages that speak to me and then I write them down, usually on any piece of paper I come across. So in this little notebook I found the following:

Madame Curie by Eve Curie (Marie Curie's daughter)
Marie Curie stated:
"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing at whatever cost, must be attained"

On the same page I have written: 1 Corin. 2:9
"Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

Exploring with Byrd (Admiral Richard E. Byrd - I've read a few things on and written by him)
(While in the academy, he was seriously injured and finished his courses from the hospital bed)
"The struggle I had made to graduate taught me a great lesson - that it is by struggle that we progress. I learned concentration during that time I never thought I possessed"

Washington Irving said:
"For my part, I endeavor to take things as they come: with cheerfulness, and when I cannot get a dinner to suit my taste, I endeavor to get a taste to suit my dinner."

Hope you guys are having a good day.

3 comments:

Danyelle Ferguson said...

I love the Madame Curie quote. Thanks for posting it.

Amy Marble said...

Those were great - thanks for sharing. I may have to copy them down and put in my office!

Katy said...

I love 'em! Thanks for sharing Amy...good things to keep in mind. It was seriously a nice pick me up.