Sunday, February 15, 2009

25 Random Items - Part 1

I got tagged by a good friend to list 25 random "stuff" about myself. It's been a week and I figured this will have to be done piece meal if it's ever going to be done.

1. Grey hairs having be appearing in my hair for the last few years and I can't help but be completely fascinated by them every time I look in the mirror. They hold such a "cool" factor for me.

2. I "over-dosed" on romance novels as a teenager, and to this day, the thought of reading one makes me nauseous.

3. I find knitting very soothing. Funny thing is crochet doesn't make me feel the same way. I love both but knitting has a rhythm that completely relaxes me.

4. I don't follow instructions very well, either with cooking or sewing. I will see a pattern/recipe I like but when I go to make it, I always tend to tweak it someway or another. Which always brings up the question, "if it doesn't work out was it my fault or the pattern/recipe's fault?

5. I love to learn. I will go through periods where I'm fascinated by a specific subject and want to really learn it in depth. As a teenager, I loved "The Messiah" and would go to bed with it playing. That triggered a reading of Handel's biography, followed by other composers.

6. Since High School I've attended four different schools, graduating from three of them.
  • Cosmetology School - Cosmetology License
  • Business College - Associates degree of General Studies (1-2 semesters more and I could have had one in Accounting or Office Management)
  • University - Family and Consumer Science (with my own emphasis in Clothing & Textiles)
I like to consider I chose the "Build your own Degree" Program for my education.

7. I drive a 20 year old car and for my next big "dream" purchase I want to buy a small house. I can't help wondering if I skipped a step somewhere.

Ok, the current head cold I am suffering from has dictated I go to bed.

1 comment:

Danyelle Ferguson said...

The only thing I find fascinating about gray hairs is watching them disappear by either pulling out or hair color. :)