Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Reading a Lot

While my sister was visiting for a week this last month, the two of us went used book shopping and I found a treasure trove of books. In all honesty I was suppose to be just the driver but one book led to another and another. Before I knew it my arms were full enough that one of the store employees offered to get me a cart. (sheepish grin)

I hit the jackpot for sewing reference books. Singer has a set and I found 4 or 5 of them. I'm not sure how many are in the set but I'm happy with what I found. What I like best is their pictures. They are so great. Being a visual learner, pictures make it easier to understand sewing techniques.

I also found some great reading books, non-fiction and fiction. As you can see from my reading list, I haven't wasted time driving right into them.

Along with used bookstores, I've also got caught in a "new" bookstore where I found two great sewing books. And what's even more awesome is I actually read them and they're exactly what I need. I'm tentative at buying new books, but especially sewing books because they will usually sit on the shelf and are rarely used. I think these are the only two sewing books I've read completely through. Now to fully make it completely worthwhile I need to actually start making something from them.

P.S. Sis bought way more books then I did ;)

1 comment:

Sonja said...

And having just spent some time with my son, you can see that it is an illness that has been passed down to the next generation. It has been driving me crazy to be in Texas instead of Utah with you book shopping! I have added 15 books to my shopping cart on Amazon now to get the money to buy them. Of course, they are all bargans! Love you.