Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm Back ....

from a week vacation with the family in the mountains. It was our year for a family reunion and we went camping. I almost didn't make it, so many different things kept coming up right up to "the car is packed and I'm headed out, just stopping by the ATM to get some spending money." Only it eats my card, just takes it and does nothing. I had to wait around for an hour and half till the bank opened so I could order a new card and withdraw the cash. While I waited I had a great opportunity to practice keeping one's temper. ;)

This is what I learned from the experience:
1) If the ATM doesn't give your card back, it never will. You are going to have to order yourself a new one. (Knowing that could have saved me an hour and half.)
2) $0.99 cent word-find puzzles, usually found at the cash register of stores, are the best investment ever. I bought that little book a year ago and it has come in so handy at doctors appointments, concerts, plays, .... Anytime I find myself waiting I pull that out and start working on a puzzle. This time it helped keep me from completely losing my temper and bursting into tears from shear frustration.
3) That intersection is nice and quiet from 7-8:30 in the morning. It has a very calming influence ... that is until you look back at the stupid machine that refuses to give you back your card. Suggestion to the people who program such machines, how about having a message that says, "WINNER!!!! Your card has randomly been chosen to not be returned to you. It will be held until the next service of this machine and then destroyed. You will need to call up your banking representative and order a new one. Sitting around, staring, mutter and pushing the cancel button will not induce this machine to give you back your card. Have a nice day!"

3 comments:

Amy Marble said...

Even though it was a little frustrating getting to the reunion, we're glad you made it.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Oh poor Amy! How in the world do you get into all of these situations? I can't believe the ATM ate your card! I'm totally putting that into one of my books!!! :)

I hope the rest of your vacation went well.

Katy said...

haha! I love you're guts!