Friday, October 24, 2008

Sewing Update:

Ok, just so you don't think I haven't been sewing this week, I have. Actually last night would be the only night I haven't touched the project. I had enrichment to prepare for and go to. So there's my excuse. Tuesday night was spent cutting out the last remaining pattern pieces and fabrics. Wednesday was a lesson in underlining and overlay. Attaching the underlining to the bodice pieces, and then overlaying the lace pieces to the skirt and bodice. Fun Fun. Lace is such a delicate fabric, it's always interesting to see how well it can stay in place. I do like how it looks against the satin. Very cool.

After attaching the different fabric pieces, I sewed the skirt seams together. I figured with limited time, the skirt would give me a fast win. Let me just tell you, that is alot of skirt. Oh boy is it going to be fun to gather.

I don't have pictures cause I don't have a camera anymore. Sorry, it's being borrowed by a photographer who needs it up for some mountain pictures. Hopefully I get it back in time for the finished product.

So how are we doing? Well I'm not entirely sure. It's quick and simple in theory, but the actually doing? Well their is just so many little steps you have to take to insure it looks nice. So who knows. I don't think I'm aiming for Halloween. Mainly because just looking at the different pieces, even if I finish in time for Halloween, the dress will need a professional pressing job. Talk about wrinkled!

Oh well, just taking it one step at a time and really trying not to dread the steps still left to do.

3 comments:

Amy Marble said...

You've been busy! Can't wait to see how great it looks when it's done.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

It sounds like you've made a lot of progress. That's great! I can't wait to see the finished product!!!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Hey Chick - I tagged you on my blog!