Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas

Believe it or Not I am done with Christmas Presents. And even more shocking then that I have them all wrapped too!!! This has never really happened to me before. I'm a bit bewildered. Now before you think I'm really good, I'm not. When I say I'm done, it means I have something for everyone on my list, even if it wasn't what I originally planned for. (And yes the thought that I've forgotten something has very much occurred to me, but at least I have three days to remember)

This is go great, cause in December's past it's been Christmas eve, family is around and I'm desperately trying to finish up a project while fooling myself that the recipient hasn't really notice what I'm working on. And now I've gotten everything done in time that HOPEFULLY, (for the most part) no one's got a clue.

What this also means is other items get to come up in priority. Tonight, it's reclaiming the guest bedroom before said guest show up. Since the projects are done then the boxes, tools, and fabrics, yarns and "stuff" can get put away.

Also, I have a sugar cookie recipe I want to try out. And because there really isn't any hope for me, I've got some projects/ideas, I want to work on. (I said the guest room gets clear, but my room .. well that's an entirely different story) With that, I have designated the next couple of weeks as "guilt-free" project zone. No projects I HAVE to work on, only those I WANT to work on, ...for the shear fun of creating and only if I feel like it.

Pictures of how well this year's Christmas gift goal went will be posted after Christmas morning. Now I wasn't able to give ALL homemade but I must say I did pretty good considering.

Merry Christmas and good wishes for your holiday.

2 comments:

Amy Marble said...

I must say I'm a little bit jealous. I was so hoping to have everything ready by now too. Not the case - there is still much to be wrapped and a big project to finish. Oh well, at least there is still a few days left!! It might be some LATE nights at my house...
Can't wait to see the post with all of the projects!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Hi Amy. I hope your Christmas went well. I was lucky this year that I followed a prompting late last Saturday night to start wrapping presents. I had almost everything wrapped, except about six things, before Isaac went into the hospital. Thank goodness because I definitely didn't have the energy to do it when we got home! I'm grateful for that prompting to get started.

BTW - I gave you an award over on my blog. Come check it out!