Thursday, December 11, 2008

A New Hat

Just so you don't think I've given up on crochet; this last weekend I whipped up a cute hat. I found the pattern for this "newsboy" cap on Knit and Crochet Today , a T.V show I ran across last Thursday. It is from Season Two; show 201.

I'm not one for the knitted cap look, but I liked the design so much I thought I would give it a try. The flower didn't turn out as big as the one shown on the webpage, which was a good thing. I was a bit skeptical about having that huge a flower so I'm very happy with the size of this one. I also thought their brim was a bit short so I added two more rows to mine.

To jazz it up I attached the two buttons. I really like how they work with the design. The one on top looks just like a button on a regular newsboy cap. Of course when you put it on, it's more of a 1920's Cloche hat, which makes me love it even more.

I did take a couple of pictures with it being worn, but decided not to post them. Sorry the "model" was looking a little scary and I didn't want that to affect your opinion of the hat.

Now all I need a good place to wear it, it's more of an outside cap so wearing it where you're going inside a lot isn't really the best. If we would ever get some snow, sledding would be perfect.

3 comments:

Amy Marble said...

We're hoping for a little snow - sledding over Christmas would be something fun to do with everyone!
The hat looks great! You're sure keeping busy with all of these projects!! Do you want to share some of the energy you have in getting so much done??

Katy said...

oh my goodness that is one adorable hat! Nicely done Amy!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

I love the purple color. It's such a cool hat. Maybe I need to learn how to knit. You make the neatest stuff!