Sunday, March 1, 2009

February's SOCKS!!!!!!!

My very first pair of socks has been made and finished.


So cool with stripes of Pink/Burgundy/Brown & White/Blue-Green/ and Orange. I wasn't so sure about the orange, but it does add an interesting contrast.

It's self-striping yarn, which means I just knit and the pattern develops itself. Very fun.

How about a Side View?

Now the question is:
Do I follow up with a second one that's the same thickness and pattern but a different color palette?
Or do I go with a different thicker yarn and see what it looks like?
Or do I finish the crocheted slipper pattern I started a couple of months ago?

Decisions, Decisions
Option one: Allows me to make the adjustments to my design while it's fresh in my mind.
Option Two: Gets me a warm sock while it's still cold
Option Three: Takes care of a UFO (Unfinished Object)

Hey how about some more terms:
Finish or Frog it?
Finish: Pretty self-explanatory, do I really need to define this one?
Frog it: to "rip it" out and try again

Pretty cool huh, helps me understand a number of those knitting blogs I've been reading.

3 comments:

Amy Marble said...

The socks look great - way to go!

Katy said...

ummm those are pretty stinkin' adorable!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Those are awesome socks!!! Can you make me some in different shades of pink? :)