Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's that time of Year Again


Spring is coming as the flower bed in the front yard will attest. This fact has been present in my mind for the last couple of weeks reminding me I haven't read "The Secret Garden" yet and to fail to do so until it's too late would be detrimental to a yearly tradition. One that I came up with myself and traditions you come up with yourself should NOT be ignored. Do you have any traditions to welcome spring in?

P.S. Should you wonder, I have not given up on "Democracy in America". In fact I'm definitely gotten past chapter 2 this time. But I find you have to sit and savor the words in the book. Very enlightening but not one that can be quickly finished.

3 comments:

Amy Marble said...

I didn't know that you read "The Secret Garden" each year. That's a great book. It's been a really long time since I've read that one. Great tradition.

I wish we had some traditions, but there's nothing yet. I am really hoping to be ambitious this fall and get some bulbs in - I love the spring flowers and I'm always bummed each year that I haven't put any in our yard. I guess I'll admire everyone elses again this year. I guess that's my tradition...

Danyelle Ferguson said...

I read Democracy in America when I was attending LDSBC. It's definitely a heavy book worth devouring in little spurts. :)

I'm so excited about spring. My tradition is to let the kids play outside with I deep clean the house. YEAH! We also check every morning and afternoon for new blooms in the flower beds. My kids love watching the flowers pop up.

Katy said...

spring is starting to be sprung here as well! Hurray! Though it did just snow yesterday, but thankfully it didn't stick. I'm so excited for warmer weather where plants can survive:)