Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bad News Good News

Good News - Family Bar-B-Que
Bad News - My car died in the Wal-Mart parking lot where I stopped to pick up my food assignment and 2 quarts of oil (Car engine was sounding rough)
Good News - My brother was just down the street, so he came by and checked it out
Bad News - 2 quarts of oil only filled it 3/4 of the way.... ouch .... and the car still wouldn't start
Good News - My brother was equally clueless on what was wrong with it
Bad News - Dead car - unfamiliar town - 80 miles from home - no $ for towing
Good News - Family Bar-B-Que was fun and delicious
Bad News - Tired, long day, wish I could get in my car and go home .... oh wait it's still dead
Good News - An awesome brother-in-law (who knows cars) and brothers, and sister who went down to see what they could come up with. .... They Got it started ..... Yippee
Bad News - You may need a new starter....
Good News - At least it wasn't dead from lack of oil ;)
Bad News - A worrisome drive home .... what to do, what is that sound, repair $$$ questions
Good News - Made it with no incidence
Bad News - Car died as I was backing into the drive-way
Good News - Another awesome sister pushed me the rest of the way into the drive way (Aren't big families great, there is usually someone around to help)
Bad News - Week schedule is too busy to do anything about the car now, will need to walk or beg for rides
Good News - Kindness abounds and I got a ride to work, and it was a lovely day to walk home
Bad News - Had to call for someone to pick me up 4 blocks from home, cause a I had dog following me for most of the way and wouldn't go away. I couldn't take the chance of it knowing where I lived.
Good News - Dad made the call and our friendly neighborhood mechanic came by and replaced the starter for free
Bad News - The car still wouldn't start
Good News - Discovered the problem was some wires had been disconnected so he reconnected them and the car started.
Bad News - Car is running but I discovered the next day that the windshield wipers don't. I think a couple of wires got crossed.....
Good News - Nice sunny day, will make sure those wires get taken care of this weekend
Bad News - This morning and into the afternoon there have been dark clouds and wind
Good News - An hour away from quiting time and the sun seems to have come out. Here's hoping it holds

4 comments:

Carly said...

Dang! This was very fun to read :). I hope your car is working in top shape soon. I am glad you have a big family around to help!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Oh my gosh! Was there really a dog following you home? How funny!

Amy, you're awesome. You need to write a whole lot more. My boring, chasing the kids around life needs the pick me up! :)

I hope your car feels better soon.

Amy said...

I am very thankful for my family. And Danyelle, yes a dog followed me home. Several pedestrians on the sidewalk and who does it follow? I even started up the stairs of an apartment complex and the darn thing ran up them ahead of me. Finally, I headed for the gas station and they had their door prompted open, so curious george the dog ran inside and I took off.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

You ditched the dog at a gas station? You sly girl! I bet the gas station employees weren't very happy about that! :)