Friday, May 16, 2008

Explanation on the Thought

In responding to Amy's Comment, I found the explanation was getting longer then a comment should be, so here it is as a post.

I was thinking a number of things
1) I was working on the computer and decided to take a short-cut with the program I was working. Instead of making things easier it caused a whole lot of time consuming difficulties to get back to were I was before the shortcut.

2) Later, I was working on a sewing project, and instead of following the directions I kept wanting to do it my way. The problem with learning so much about sewing is the added knowledge can get in the way of sewing. Thankfully, the pattern is quite forgiving and it still turned out really nice, although there is one small spot that I haven't fixed, cause it's a good remind to keep things simple.

Which leads up to
3) as I was thinking over the last couple of days, I was reminded of an instance as a teenager. The short story: I had a great idea about sliding on snow. You see when you try to slide on snow with regular shoes, the tread slows you down and you don't slide smoothly. So my bright idea was slippers have no tread so they would probably make great sliders. Ya... well if you know what happened next then you've got more common sense then I did. You see, about the time I hit that "gleaming snow patch" was when I had the thought that this might not be a good idea. Which was confirmed as I went airborne and landed on my face in the snow.

So those were my thoughts. Any addition examples would be great to hear about.

2 comments:

Amy Marble said...

Great explanation! I can relate.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Oh, Amy! You always cheer me up!

I totally know what you mean about trying to take shortcuts. I do it with lots of things (including church callings - not a good idea when you're teaching 3 year olds!). It tends to backfire more often than help.

I totally love the snow story. I burst out laughing as I pictured you - face planted right into a big mound of snow! :)