Thursday, May 1, 2008

A beginner blogger gets started.....

Well it looks like I'm blogging whether I know what I'm doing or not. With two of you checking to see what I've got going on I guess I need to just write. Believe it or not I've written a number of posts but they never made it past my critiquing and the backspace ;) So here goes:

I rebelled against the turn in cold weather last night by removing my winter quilt from my bed. It has worked well all winter but I needed spring. So out went the solid green colored down quilt and in came the purple cotton with a lovely floral print. And I froze.... ok not exactly cause being the avid sewing that I am, my room abounds with back-up blankets. So I covered up with a second blanket and slept rather well, .... as long as I didn't move too much.

Besides the sense of spring the quilt brings into my room, I am also very excited to lounge on my bed once more. You see, although a down quilt keeps a body warm, it is also quite poky. I didn't realize how poky until I tried reading a book while lounging on my bed. I couldn't get past the first paragraph before I had to move to a chair. Well what do you expect from a $30.00 quilt.

With the skies grey and the chilly wind picking up, I may have to wear my winter coat but at least my bed looks bright and cheery and at night, well I can always throw another blanket on the pile.

1 comment:

Carly said...

I love your light, easy writing style. Hooray for throwing another blanket on the pile (even if it is May)!