Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Playing with Fabric

I'm so excited! I've been having fun with fabric and sewing. My current sewing interest is purses and I found a great web page with cute purses. They are called Lazy Girl Designs. http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/ I ordered three patterns to get started with. The two pictured are Wonder Wallet and Runaround Bag. They are fun and easy to sew. The Blue, Yellow and Green combination was the first one I did. I think it needs a fun yellow flower on the front. The wonder wallets are so great. They really do fit all my cards and cash. The Coin pocket is really cool too.
I didn't buy anything, just used what I had in my fabric stash. This really made things fun because I have too much fabric sitting around and love it when I can use it.
Funny thing is, as soon as I got them made, I started thinking of who I could give them to. For me the fun part is creating. So Sunday, we had a visit from my brother and his family. So I brought them out and asked if his two girls would like to have the purses (I kept the wallets). They did, although Anna opened it up, looked inside and looking disappointed, said, "There's nothing in it".
Thankfully, Aunt Emily came to the rescue and had some candy they could put in them. I make it, she fills it.
Of course, I've got ideas to make one for myself. I just wonder how many I will make before I find one that is "just right".

3 comments:

Katy said...

Amy I'm so glad you posted pictures! They are way cute! Nicely done my highly creative friend!

Amy Marble said...

Those are really cute! I'm sure that Sarah & Anna loved them! You've always got some fun projects - way to go!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Ooh-ooh-ooh! I LOVE those! OK - now I have to try it. You promise it's easy? Cause I can't touch your sewing skills with a ten-foot pole!