Saturday, September 6, 2008

Catching up.....

So how does one explain not posting anything for over a month? All I can say is, I've been working so hard that I haven't had the energy to sit down and say anything. I've finished working my part time job. It's such a relief to be back to one job, only 40 hours a week, and Saturdays free to do as I choose.

Finishing out August with the second job was a real struggle. Every week, I would look at the calendar and feel like September would never get here. But it did, and it was worth it. I met all the financial goals I had set for myself, last January. Because of the rap New Year's resolutions get, I decided that of all my goals I wanted to accomplish, I would choose just one that I wanted to accomplish in 2008. I wouldn't worry about any of the the rest, if I succeeded at meeting them then they would just be icing but paying off all my debts except my student loans was what I really wanted to accomplish. And I did. Funny thing, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I felt more when I paid off my last credit card in July. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about it but in a calmer, less emotional way. Of course, I'm not letting this milestone go uncelebrated. How did I celebrate? Well I spent three hours at the spa being pampered and generally de-stressed. All those knots I spent the last 8 months putting into my neck and shoulders... All gone!!!!!

Now with other news:

Labor Day Weekend was spent fighting a sore throat virus. Thankfully I caught it in time so it didn't knock me out too much. I watched a lot of movies and worked a lot on a couple of projects.. which was my plans anyway, I just wanted to do it with more energy. ;)

One of the projects was an embroidery design I created myself. I read an article about using snapshots to create custom embroidery. My sister-in-law had taken a cute picture of her boys and sent it to me a few months back. I really liked it and thought of it when I read this article. So I decided to try my hand at it. I really like how it turned out. It's just basic but still really cool. Her birthday was in August so I figured it would make a good birthday present. ... Tired of all the talk yet? Want to see what it looks like?
Brothers Reading is what I'm affectionately call it. The real question is how long before I start another one for myself?

Well those are the highlights. There are a ton of other stuff, I just can't remember them right now. Oh well. Have a good weekend.

3 comments:

Amy Marble said...

Fun to see a new post! Your trip to the spa sounds really nice. I' might have to try that one of these days. Again, love the embroidery - thanks so much for making it for me!! It's really amazing.

Katy said...

no excuses for you Amy Marble! I expect to see you posting more frequently as I really enjoy reading your blog! Really cute embroidery by the way--I totally love it--you are such an artist!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Amy - I'm so glad to see a post on your blog! And congrats on meeting your goal! You are one awesome chick. I can't wait to see you in a few more weeks. It's coming up fast. Yeah!!!