Monday, September 29, 2008

A Whirlwind Creative Binge

Now I bet you are thinking this is going to be another sewing post? Well, considering who's doing the writing, it would be a pretty good guess but not this post. I had plans to attack a couple of sewing projects with an October deadline, but instead I went a little crazy in the kitchen.

It all started with the shopping trip to the grocery store when I was hungry. I had to pick up a couple of items for a dessert I was going to make for dinner on Sunday. When I got home I had groceries for homemade spring rolls, fried rice, trifle, and tarts. And I almost got all of it done too. The Trifle was for Sunday's dessert, so the cake and pudding got made first. I then started on the fried rice. While the rice was cooking, I chopped up all the ingredients for the spring roll filling. Two hours later, I had quite a dinner prepared. Now if only I had someone to eat it with. Turns out that night I was all on my own. Oh well, it was fun getting out my Japaneses dishes and setting the table. Sorry no chop sticks, I couldn't use them if I had any.


I hadn't gotten around to starting the tarts, so after dinner I mixed up some pie crust. About this time, I was exhausted. The filling, which was going to be lemon, wasn't doing so well, and I couldn't get any energy up to fix it. So I wrapped up the pie crust and put it in the frig and threw the filling out, (trust me there was no saving it). Then I crashed on the couch and ended up going to bed at 8:00 p.m. cause I was soooo tired.

Hopefully in the next day or so I'll have pictures of pie tarts. I will say that recipe I used for the spring rolls certainly make up a lot. Three days, three meals and it looks like I still have enough left for one for meal.

2 comments:

R and C said...

So when are you going to make dinner for me?!?!? Those were way good!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Yum! Why didn't you make those for me when I was in town? :)

I'd love to get your recipe for spring rolls and fried rice. That sounds delish!